The world-know Silk Road
across the Eurasian Continent is a friendship bridge linking the Europe and Asian people. The Silk Road starts from Xian,
is also a city right on the road. The two cities are also hot destinations for tourist from both domestic and abroad. Here, you will find some information about Train from Xian to Dunhuang including Xian to Dunhuang Train Schedule & Fares. And also you can find tips for booking train tickets and tips for traveling to the two cities.
Xian to Dunhuang Train Schedule
Departure Station: Xian Railway Station 西安火车站
Arrival Station: Dunhuang Railway Station 敦煌火车站
22 h 11 m
Attentions: Train Schedule of Xian to Dunhuang is updated till 2018-07-27 and is for your reference only. Please check the ticket information including the tickets fares at the railway station or by your TCT tour advisors separately.
Notes for Booking Train Tickets:
- Booking an original train is easier than booking a passing-by train. You can book a train ticket 10 days in advance at most.
- Generally, the seats on the train in China have tow types including soft seat and hard seat. Also, there are two kinds of sleeper seats on China's trains which are hard sleeper seat and soft sleeper seat. Hard sleeper seats are divided into upper hard sleeper, middle hard sleeper and lower hard sleeper (lower hard sleeper is the best); while soft sleeper seats are divided into upper soft sleeper and lower soft sleeper (lower soft sleeper is better).
- In China, taking a train is a comparative cheaper way to cut down the travel cost. While correspondingly, the comfortable level is lower than by air.
- Luggage: you need to take the luggages by yourself and keep an eye of them on transporting time, no luggage-checking service on the train
- Carriage: it may be crowded when in the domestic travel seasons as well as summer holidays.
The first character of train number has special meanings which are listed as below for your understanding.
- G–High-Speed Train
- C–Intercity EMU Train
- D–Electric Multiple Units (EMU) Train
- Z–Direct Express Train
- T–Express Train
- K–Fast Train
- Four-digit Number Train - Regular Speed Train
- L–Temporary Train
Tips for travel to Xian and Dunhuang
► Best Time to Visit Xian
The best time to visit Xian is from spring (March) to autumn (November), especially June, July, August and September. Other great months to visit Xi'an are April, May and October when the average temperatures are a little cooler but still between a pleasant 10°C / 50.0°F and 20°C / 68.0°F. If you don't mind bringing a coat, you might also enjoy visiting Xi'an during January, February, March, November and December but average temperatures are fairly cool (between 0°C / 32.0°F and 10°C / 50.0°F).
► Best Time to Visit Dunhuang
The best time to visit Dunhuang is from May to October. During this time, the weather in Dunhuang is comparative humid with a mild temperature without big temp range in within 1 day. Located in the inland area, Dunhuang is a district with direct sunshine most of the time. Huge temperature gap in daytime and night within 1 day during the summer and winter seasons. Sand storms can be a problem in the Dunhuang, with the wind sometimes reaching speeds of 3m/sec.
► Try to Avoid Domestic Travel Seasons
The most crowded seasons in China are Chinese Spring Festival (usually in late Jan or early Feb.), International Labour Day (May 01 to 03) and National Day (Oct 01-07). Spring Festival and the National Day golden week are the most crowded time for travelling.
Related Information You May Need
Recommended Tour You Might Like