As Guilin is one of the top choices on your bucket list, you definitely don't want to miss the beautiful sunrise and sunset during your trip. Plan a photography tour for Xianggongshan Hill and Cuiping Wuzhishan Hill, you won't regret it.
Xianggongshan Hill is located at Xingping town, Yangshuo County, Guilin, between the viewing spots of the Yellow Cloth Reflection and Nine Horses Fresco Hill along Li River. It is a typical karst mountain with steep cliffs. Xianggong Hill is loved by many photography enthusiasts. The amazing light and shadow, the sea of clouds and the sunrise of Xianggongshan Hill make everyone who likes photography linger around.
In the 10th International Film Festival, one photographer in Guilin won the bronze medal with a photo shot at Xianggong Hill. Since then, the secret veil of Xianggongshan Hill has been revealed, more and more visitors and photographers are coming there to shoot the best view of Xianggongshan Hill.
The best time to take photos there is on the sunny mornings between May and October, so pay attention to the weather forecast before going there. If you want to photograph the sunrise, you need to reach the mountain at about 5 o'clock in the morning. Usually, it takes 20-30 minutes to climb up to the top of Xianggongshan Hill.
There are three ways to Xianggongshan Hill:
1. Rent a car from Guilin or Yangshuo to Xianggong Hill directly. This is the best and most comfortable way if you want to enjoy the sunrise.
2. Take a bus from Guilin or Yangshuo to Putao or Baisha, and from there rent a car to Xianggongshan Hill.
3. Take high speed train from Guilin to Yangshuo (Yangshuo Railway Station is located at Xingping), then rent a car from Yangshuo railway station to Xianggongshan Hill.
4. Take a bus from Yangshuo to Xingping, and rent a bamboo raft to the foot of the hill.
Xianggongshan Hill is the best place to photograph the sunrise, while Cuiping Wuzhishan Hill is the best place to photograph the sunset.
Cuiping Wuzhishan Hill (Cuiping Hill) is located at the west of Cuiping Village, Putao Town, Yangshuo County, in the core area of the World Natural Heritage Putao Peak Forest. Cuiping Wuzhishan Hill, one of the best photography places to shoot the sunset in Yangshuo, which is nominated by World Natural Heritage.
After you reach the top of the hill, you can have a bird view of the peak forest and Yangshuo countryside. Also, you will find you are surrounded by the nearby towering karst peaks, villages, rice fields, orchards, fish ponds etc. The peak forest in Putao is regarded as one of the five most beautiful peak forests in China. When the sun sets, the peak forest and the quiet village are immersing at a golden sea.
If you are interested in overlooking the beautiful karst landscape from a high position or you are looking forward to shooting the fascinating sunset pictures, Cuiping Wuzhishan Hill will be a must-go place for you!
There are two ways to Cuiping Wuzhishan Hill:
1. Rent a car from Guilin or Yangshuo to Cuiping Wuzhishan Hill directly. This is the best and most comfortable way if you want to enjoy the sunset.
2. Take a bus from Guilin or Yangshuo to Putao, and from there rent a car to Cuiping Wuzhishan Hill.
For beautiful sunrise and sunset, it's an excellent choice to plan a photography tour for Xianggongshan Hill and Cuiping Wuzhishan Hill. You can either join our regular tour in Guilin or create your own tour.
Guilin Downtown is also Suitable for Photography