In Jade Dragon Snow Mountain
, there are 3 cableways for visitors to see the snow mountain. They can be called Large Cableway (Glacier cableway), Middle Cableway (Maoniuping cableway), and Small Cableway (Yunshanping cableway).
► Lijiang Ancient Town - The Large Cableway: 35km, 30min driving
► Lijiang Ancient Town - Yunshanping Cableway: 48km, 40min driving
► Lijiang Ancient Town - Maoniuping Cableway: 52km, 45min driving
Open time: 9:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Difference among Three Cableways
► Large Cableway - also referred to Glacier cableway. It is a cableway for travelers to get to the highest altitude in scenic area (4500m+). Close to see the thousands-of-year glacier. Many tourists choose the large cableway in 3 cableways in Jade Dragon Snow Mountain to reach the mountain.
Height: 1150m (the highest altitude tourist cable way in China)
Altitude Range: 3356m - 4506m
You can get to the highest attraction Glaciers Park of the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain scenic area on an altitude of 4506m. When getting of the cable car on 4506m altitude, you can still walk a distance to the highest point in the scenic area - place on 4680m altitude.
Tips for Large Cableway Route:
- Better to take a piece of feather jacket when you visit (check about the temperature before visiting). A feather jacket can also be rented at the cableway station on the mountain foot.
- Heart disease patients should give up this cableway because high altitude may cause serious problem.
- See more details on High Altitude Sickness Tips
- If you are afraid to suffer from the high altitude sickness, you can rent an oxygen tank in the scenic area. Whether to rent or not is based on the practical situation. Not every one needs.
Note: when in windy day, the Large Cableway may be close for safety consideration. Cable car may shake heavily in windy day.
► Middle Cableway - also called Maoniuping Cableway (牦牛坪索道). It is in an altitude about 3600m. A vast grassland for travelers to see the snow mountain in a far distance. Maoniuping area is located in the north part of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain scenic area. The highest altitude is 4000m. It is one of popular way in 3 cableways in Jade Dragon Snow Mountain.
Altitude Range: 3600m - 4000m
- This area aims to see the typical highland grassland and forest scenery.
- This area is a dwelling place for many minorities such as Yi minority, Tibetan people, etc.
- Best place to see the 13 peaks of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain.
- Best place to take photos of the snow mountain, especially in sunrise or sunset moment.
► Small Cableway - also called Yunshanping Cableway (云杉坪索道). It is located in an altitude about 3240m. If you only have half day to visit, you can choose this cableway. A longer distance from the snow mountain than Maoniuping. In 3 cableways in Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, it is the cheapest one.
Altitude Range: 3000m - 3240m
- See the highland grassland and forest scenery.
- Experience Naxi moniroty songs and dance.
- 3 Cableways in Jade Dragon Snow Mountain are belonged to difference companies, so the entrance prices are different one by one.
- A suggested sightseeing route: A suggested route (based on The Large Cableway): Entering the site - taking a scenic shuttle bus to the cableway start point - taking on the cableway to the top of the snow mountain - walking for a distance to the peak (4,506 km above the sea level) - walking back to the cableway - taking cable car back - shuttle bus to the entrance
- In the high season, you may have to get a line to wait for the cable car.
Recommended Tours for You
3 Days Best Lijiang Tour
6 Days Lijiang Tour to Lugu Lake
Best Tours Recommended to you