None is more universally renowned than the roasted duck named for the city, Beijing Roast Duck. For those who have never have Beijing Roast Duck before, you should really have a try. Do you know where to eat Beijing Roast Duck in Beijing? Here will introduce some famous Beijing roast duck restaurants for your reference.
• Specialties: Pan-fried duck rolls, Yiyuan famous chicken, braised sea cucumber with venison tendon, ribs with plum, Buddha jumps over the wall, signature lamb chop
• Address: 5 Dongzhimen Inner Street, Dongcheng District
• How to get there: take Subway Line 2 and get off at Dongzhimen Station, or take Buses 106, 117 to Dongzhimen Inner Street.
Established in 1998, Hua's Restaurant specializes in fine Beijing cuisine in a beautiful courtyard setting. The food here follows traditions but also integrates the essence of different culinary schools. The duck is roasted to perfection with little grease, and there are more varieties of side dishes, including pineapple, Hami melon and lettuce, in addition to the traditional cucumber.
• Specialties: Mustard duck web, boiled duck liver, seasoned duck gizzard, hot and spicy shredded duck wing, crystal duck delicacy, quick-fried duck heart, dry-fried four delicacies
• Address: 32 Qianmen Street, Chongwen District
• How to get there: take Subway Line 2 to Qianmen Station, or take Buses 5, 17, 20, 22, 66, 120, 126, 690 or 692 to Qianmen Station
In Beijing, Quanjude is the synonym of roast duck. A legendary restaurant established more than 130 years ago, Quanjude has become one of the biggest restaurant chains in China. At Quanjude, ducks were roasted by being hung in the oven, a very traditional method. And the Chief will cut the duck for you right in front of the guests. The restaurant is quite famous amoung foreign guuest.
• Specialties: Closed-oven roast duck, mustard duck web, salted duck liver, duck heart cooked in wine, and dry-fried four delicacies
• Address: Xianyukou, East Side of Qianmen Street, Chongwen District
• How to get there: Take Subway Line 2 and get off at Qianmen Station, or take Bus 22, 626 to Qianmen Station
In Beijing, Quanjude is the synonym of roast duck. A legendary restaurant established more than 130 years ago, Quanjude has become one of the biggest restaurant chains in China. At Quanjude, ducks were roasted by being hung in the oven, a very traditional method. Different from Quanjude's open-oven roasting style, ducks here are roasted in a closed oven, making the skin crispier and juicier.
• Specialties: Northern Chinese cuisine, desserts, Peking roast duck
• Address: 1 East Chang'an Avenue, Grand Hyatt Beijing 1/F, Dongcheng District
• How to get there: Take Subway Line 1 and get off at Wangfujing Station
Made in China is a new-concept restaurant located at the Grand Hyatt Beijing on Chang'an Avenue. The restaurant features the fantastic Peking roast duck, authentic northern Chinese cuisine and an excellent wine cellar. Diners can enjoy the whole process of duck roasting in the stylish open kitchen.
Specialties: Open-oven roast duck eaten in three ways (duck skin and meat accompanied with pancakes and baked sesame cakes respectively, sliced duck leg fried with pine nuts，etc.
Address: 1 Minzuyuan Road, Chaoyang District
King Roast Duck Restaurant was founded in 1997, specializing in roast duck, related dishes and the traditional all-duck banquet. It now has open 6 subbranches in total in this city. It offers a rich choice of more than 300 dishes. Each month, new dishes will be introduced to replace the 10 least ordered dishes in the previous month. Roast duck here is relatively lean, but still delicious and melts in the mouth instantly. And the environment here is quite in Chinese style. Having roast duck here will allow youn to experience an exotic atmosphere.
• Specialties: "super lean" roast duck, salted duck liver, braised sea cucumber, duck hearts with lily buds, sautéed four delicacies, goose liver aspic
• Address: Southeast corner of Changhong Bridge on East 3rd Ring Road, Bldg 3 Tuanjiehu Beikou, Chaoyang District
Dadong Roast Duck is well-known to the tourists. It is reputed as one of the best Beijing Roast Duck restaurants in this city. It has made great innovations in its cooking technique. Therefore, ducks here are crispy outside and juicy inside, yet less fatty or greasy than those of their rivals. But it is hard to make a reservation in the restaurant. You must go to there to ask for a seat. And the price for per person in this restaurant is quite expensive, for it aims to offer high-end service for the guests.
► Recommended Beijing tour: 4 Days Best Beijing Tour
(Attractions: Tian'anmen Square, the Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, Mutianyu Great Wall, Changling Tomb)
From on request
From on request