Shopping is a necessary part when you travel in China. Specialties about China can be found in those main cities such as Beijing
, Hong Kong
, etc. Among them, Hong Kong is reputed as a “Shopping Paradise”.
As all known that Beijing is noted for cloisonné, Xian is a hometown for antiques, Shanghai is renowned for jade, Guilin is famous for scroll paintings, Suzhou and Hangzhou are the main cities to product silk and tea. When you are attracted by these exotic goods, you should also pay attention about the following point:
- Credit Cards including MasterCard, Visa, American Express, JCB, Diners Club, Million, Federal, all are acceptable in most large Chinese department stores.
- When you buy something from vendors, you can use some small notes so that you can avoid receiving the forge money from them.
- Learn to bargain when you do shopping in China. Bargain is an exciting thing when shopping in markets or small shops. You may find an unbelievable low price to purchase something if you try to bargain.
- When you would like to buy some valuable things such as antiques, jade, pearls, paintings, you should be careful as to their authenticity.
- And some goods are not allowed to be exported from China. So you must confirm whether it can be allowed to pass the Chinese customs or not.
Recommended shopping things in above cities in China:
Shopping in Beijing
Shopping in Xian
Shopping in Shanghai
Shopping in Guilin
Shopping in Guangzhou
Shopping in Hong Kong