Mount Everest, the highest mountain in the world, attracts a mass of tourists and mountaineers every year. However, the transportation to mount Everest is not so convenient.
Mount Everest lies at the south edge of the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau, where is not close to cities in Tibet. A transportation guide to Mount Everest is very important information for tourists. Here Top China Travel will explain you how to get to Mount Everest Base Camp.
Since there aren't any direct flights, trains, or public buses to Tibet's Everest Base Camp, to visit or climb the mount Everest from the north slope in China, firstly you have to entry in China via any one of the below cities: Beijing, Chongqin, Xi’an in Shannxi province, Chengdu in Sichuan province, Kunming in Yunnan province, Xining in Qinghai province, Lanzhou in Gansu province.
The most common route to the Everest Base Camp is:
1. Entry in China
2. Fly to Lhasa from Beijing/ Xi’an/ Chongqin/ Chengdu/ Kunming/ Xining/ Lanzhou
3.Take a train or bus to Shigatse from Lhasa
4. When you arrive in Shigatse, there are 3 ways to get to the EBC. You could take them in consideration and choose the most suitable one.
1. Take the Regular Bus
There are regular buses from Shigatse to Mount Everest Base Camp. The price for the ticket of the regular bus is about 265 RMB per person. The bus’ departure date is not fixed and about 3 to 4 days that there will be one bus depart to Mount Everest Base Camp. It is the cheapest way to go to the Base Camp, but if you chose to take the regular bus, you must figure out the departure date in advance.
2. Charter a Car
If you do not want to take the regular bus, or you miss the regular bus, you can choose to charter a car to get there. And since to find a vehicle from Old Tingri to Mount Everest Base Camp is very hard due to the bad condition of the road, charter a car may be a good choice. There are suitable vehicles for driving to Mount Everest Base Camp such as Toyota Cruiser 4500, Refine Business Purpose Vehicle, Ford Transit. The price of the vehicle charges for each kilometer and the price will be different in each season. There is a charge of pollution which is 400 RMB for smaller vehicles and 600RMB for larger ones.
3. Take the E-co Car
This Car is just available in the section from Rougbuk Monastery to Mt.Everest Base Camp. The cost of the E-CO Car is about 15 RMB per person.
Ticket: 180RMB/P (around 28.5 US dollars)
Environmental Protection Fee: Small car: 405 RMB (around 64.8 US dollars); Big bus: 605 RMB (about 97 US dollars)
E-co Car: 25RMB/P (around 3.93 dollars)
Explanation for the Entrance Ticket:
1.“One-Ticket” policy for the whole Mount Everest Scenic Area, the price is 180RMB/P
2. For vehicles entering Mount Everest Scenic Area, there is a charge for environmental protection: Small Car: 405 RMB each time; big vehicle: 605RMB each time.
3. The carriage from Rongbuk Monastery to the base camp has been canceled, and replaced by E-co Car, Charging 25 RMB/Person.
4. According to the notification of the Tourism Administration of Tibet Autonomous Region and 0ourism Administration of Shigatse, the price of ticket adjusts to 90 RMB/Person in off season.
5. Of course, you will afford the cost of vehicles which you use.
Beijing, Xian, Lhasa, Shigatse, Tingri, Mt. Everest, Shanghai
Lhasa, Shigatse, Tingri, Mt. Everest
Beijing, Xian, Xining, Lhasa, Shigatse, Tingri, Mt. Everest, Shanghai