China Autumn Tour Destinations
Kanas Lake, Xinjiang
In Mongolian language Kanas means "lake in canyon". Located near the Altai Mountains, Xinjiang Province, it is the deepest freshwater lake in China famous for its Swiss view, and home to 798 species of plants and 117 varieties of birds. Embraced by snow-capped mountains and dense forest, the lake, takes on different colors in different seasons.
The crescent moon shaped lake have water storage capacity 53.8 billion cubic meter, average depth 120 meters. Like the Tianchi Lake, Kanas Lake is also a mysterious place where has been sightings of large lake creatures in the waters. Not long ago, a video was taken and shown in the local Chinese media where numerous unidentifiable creatures can be seen.
Best time for an autumn view of Kanas Lake will be from late September to early October.
Recommended Tour: 9 Days Kanas Lake Tour
Fragrant Hill, Beijing
Fragrant Hill in the suburbs of Beijing is a popular place that each Beijinger regards it as his garden near home. When autumn comes, this hill enters its most showy and colorful season, with fiery red smoke tree leaves covering the mountain side. In middle October each year, when the sky is so clear and transparent, "Fragrant Hill Autumn Leaves Festival" will be held in Beijing Fragrant hill. It will last till November.
It consists of a natural pine-cypress forest, hills with maple trees, smoke trees and persimmon trees, as well as landscaped areas with traditional architecture and cultural relics. The name derives from the park's highest peak - Xianglu Feng, a hill with two large stones resembling incense burners at the top.
Recommended Beijing Tour: 4 Days Best of Beijing Tour
Jiuzhiagou Valley, Sichuan
Situated in the northern part of Sichuan Province, Jiuzhaigou Valley is a fairyland, crystal clear water is the soul of the place, while the thick forest surrounded, is the most decent mate guarding the water. Water and forest, give Jiuzhigou the most brilliant colors in autumn.
Varied lakes and ponds, differ in sizes and shapes, are displaying their dreamy beauty colored with light blue, bright green and even deep purple, golden yellow, etc. Waters are also reflecting the deep-dyed forests with their leaves that have turned into yellow and red. It is a scene like the saying goes - God knocked over the palette.
The best time to appreciate the colorful Jiuzhigou Valley will be from late September to mid-November.
Recommended Tour: 6 Days Chengdu and Jiuzhaigou Valley Tour
Longji Rice Terrace, Guilin
Autumn means harvest, is a fruitful season. Travel to Longji Rice Terraces in Autumn, you can see golden yellow grains, in chains, from the mountain bottom to the top, standing in the fields with their heads swinging in the wind. View from afar, the whole mountain body seems be wrapped by parallel yellow ribbons.
Middle September to early October will be the best time to appreciate this harvest scene.
Recommended Tour: 4 Days Enchanting Longsheng and Li River Tour
- Most Beautiful China Danxia Landforms
- Three Gorges Dam: The Biggest Dam in the World
- Qinghai-Tibet Plateau: the highest plateau in the world
- Top 4 Natural Wonders of China
- 7 Wonders of China
- The Largest Desert in China
- The Largest and Deepest Canyon in China
- The Longest Canal in China
- The Most Famous Chinese Silk Towns
- The Most Famous Chinese Jade Origins
- The Most Famous China Pearl Origins
- Top 10 Famous Gardens in China
- Four Great Ancient Chinese Towers
- Great Ancient Bridges in China
- Most Famous Dinosaur Fossil Locations in China
- Top Ski Resorts in China
- Top 5 Most Primitive Canyons in China
- Top 5 Most Beautiful Deserts in China
- Special Economic Zones of China
- Top 10 Universities in China
- World Heritage Sites in China
- Most Famous Museums in China
- Most Famous Panda Reserves in China
- The Most Famous Nature Reserves in China
- The Highest Cities in China
- Famous Buildings in China
- Famous Landmarks in China
- Top 10 Largest Cities in China
- Top 10 Biggest Provinces in China
- Most Famous Cities in China
- The Highest Lakes in China
- Minority Autonomous Regions in China
- Most Famous Palaces in China
- The Most Famous Waterfalls in China
- The Longest Bridges in China