Top 10 Largest Cities in China
No. 1 Shanghai
As the financial and economic center of China, Shanghai owns the largest urban resident population which is around 22,315,000. The permanent population of Shanghai is nearly 25.7 million including the inhabitants in suburbs.
Recommended Tours: Classic Shanghai Tours
No. 2 Beijing
The capital city, Beijing has the second largest urban population of China which is about 18,827,000. The Han nationality accounts for 96.5% of the total. The other 55 ethnic minorities’ claim a population of more than 300,000, most of them are from Hui, Manchu, and Mongolian nationalities.
Recommended Tours: Classic Beijing Tours
No. 3 Chongqing
Chongqing with an urban resident population of 15,690,000 ranked the 3rd. As one of the biggest cities in China, it has a permanent population of over 30 million.
Recommended Tours: Chongqing Tours
No. 4 Tianjin
As one of the Municipality cities of China, Tianjin has an urban resident population of 11,090,000. The permanent population will be 12,937,954.
Recommended Tours: Tianjin Tours
No. 5 Guangzhou
Guangzhou has a population in urban area of 11,070,654, accounting for 10.7 percent of the province's permanent population.
Recommended Tours: Classic Guangzhou Tours
No. 6 Shenzhen
Shenzhen is one of China major ports for foreign trade and international exchanges in China that with an urban resident population of 10,357,938.
Recommended Tours: Classic Shenzhen Tours
No. 7 Dongguan
The urban resident population of Dongguan is 8,220,937. It is also the permanent population of this area.
No. 8 Chengdu
As one of the major tourist cities in China, Chengdu has an urban resident population of 7,123,697. The permanent population is around 14,047,625
Recommended Tours: Classic Chengdu Tour
No. 9 Hong Kong
Hong Kong is a major tourist destination in China and one of the world's major business centres. It has an urban resident population of 7,055,071. It is also the permanent population of this area.
Recommended Tours: Classic Hong Kong Tours
No. 10 Hangzhou
Hangzhou enjoys a title as "the most splendid and luxurious city in the world". Its urban resident population is nearly 7 million. It is also the permanent population of this area.
Recommended Tours: Hangzhou Tours
- Three Gorges Dam: The Biggest Dam in the World
- Qinghai-Tibet Plateau: the highest plateau in the world
- Top 4 Natural Wonders of China
- 7 Wonders of China
- The Largest Desert in China
- The Largest and Deepest Canyon in China
- The Longest Canal in China
- The Most Famous Chinese Silk Towns
- The Most Famous Chinese Jade Origins
- The Most Famous China Pearl Origins
- Top 10 Famous Gardens in China
- Four Great Ancient Chinese Towers
- Great Ancient Bridges in China
- Most Famous Dinosaur Fossil Locations in China
- Top Ski Resorts in China
- Top 5 Most Primitive Canyons in China
- Top 5 Most Beautiful Deserts in China
- Special Economic Zones of China
- Top 10 Universities in China
- World Heritage Sites in China
- Most Famous Museums in China
- Most Famous Panda Reserves in China
- The Most Famous Nature Reserves in China
- The Highest Cities in China
- Famous Buildings in China
- Famous Landmarks in China
- Top 10 Biggest Provinces in China
- Most Famous Cities in China
- The Highest Lakes in China
- Minority Autonomous Regions in China
- Most Famous Palaces in China
- The Most Famous Waterfalls in China
- The Longest Bridges in China
- The Largest Lakes in China
- The Largest Islands in China