The Most Famous Waterfalls in China
Located on the Baishui River in Anshun, Guizhou province, Huangguoshu Waterfall is the largest waterfall in China with the most impressive view. Having a width of 81 meter and dropping 74 meter, this waterfall is known as "the first waterfall in China".
Huangguoshu Waterfall rushes into the Xiniu pond, sending foams up by 100 meters, and roars can be heard kilometers away. With typical karst topography, the area around the Huangguoshu Waterfall boasts a cluster of fascinatin water-eroded caves.
Behind the waterfall, there is a 134-meter-long curtain cave lies secretly. It would be a wonderful experience that you look at the rushing waterfall from the back side and touch it in the shortest distance.
Recommended Tour: 5 Days Guizhou Ethnic Culture Explore Tour
De Tian Waterfall
Located in the Daxin Coutny, 150 km away from Nanning City, De Tian Waterfall has a width of over 200 meters and a drop of more than 70 meters. It is the largest waterfall in Asia and the second largest transnational waterfall in the world.
Its water rushes down a three-tiered cliff with tremendous force. The fall is awe-inspiring, and its thunder is audible before it even comes into view. The changing seasons transform the natural scenery of the waterfall throughout the year.
Recommended Tour: 5 Days Relaxing Journey from Nanning to Detian
Jiuzhaigou Valley is a world of water, the clearest in the world. Shuzheng Valley is the main valley in Jiuzhaigou Valley Scenic Area, where you can appreciate of the most powerful waterfalls of the area.
Nuorilang Falls is the most famous waterfall group that near the junction of the valleys, with 20 m high and 320 m wide. They are reportedly the widest highland waterfall in China, the widest travertine-topped waterfall in the world, and one of the symbols of Jiuzhaigou.
The famous Pearl Waterfalls are waters that pouring from the Pearl Shoal, where the shoal drops 28 m in a 310 m wide broad curtain of water.
The Shuzheng Waterfall flows on the Zechawa River which flows from south to north in the park and was further downstream (north) of the Nuorilang Waterfall.
Recommended Tour: 6 Days Chengdu and Jiuzhaigou Valley Extension Tour
Located at the intersection of Shanxi Province and Shaanxi Province, Hukou Waterfall is the most famous waterfall of the river and the second largest waterfall in China, after Huangguoshu Waterfall. It is renowned for its impetuous and turbulent water, and loud voice. The width of the waterfall changes with the season, usually 30 meters wide but increasing to 50 m during flood season.
When water in the middle reaches of Yellow River flows through Jinxia Grand Canyon, the 300 meters wide surface suddenly narrowed down to 50 meters, dropping down turbulently the lower section 9 meters below, which formed the so called Hukou Waterfall.
Mt. Lushan Waterfalls
Mt. Lushan Waterfalls is the main attraction of Mt. Lushan Scenic Area, which is considered as one of the most elegant waterfalls in China. It consists of Three Spring Waterfall, Kaixian Waterfall, Huanglong Pool (Yellow Dragon Waterfall) and Jade Curtin Waterfall and other 3 waterfalls.
The Three Spring Waterfall is the most famous waterfall among others, which located in the southeast Jiudie Valley. This waterfall scenic area covers an area of 16.5 square kilometers, with steep mountains and deep valleys.
- Most Beautiful China Danxia Landforms
- Three Gorges Dam: The Biggest Dam in the World
- Qinghai-Tibet Plateau: the highest plateau in the world
- Top 4 Natural Wonders of China
- 7 Wonders of China
- The Largest Desert in China
- The Largest and Deepest Canyon in China
- The Longest Canal in China
- The Most Famous Chinese Silk Towns
- The Most Famous Chinese Jade Origins
- The Most Famous China Pearl Origins
- Top 10 Famous Gardens in China
- Four Great Ancient Chinese Towers
- Great Ancient Bridges in China
- Most Famous Dinosaur Fossil Locations in China
- Top Ski Resorts in China
- Top 5 Most Primitive Canyons in China
- Top 5 Most Beautiful Deserts in China
- Special Economic Zones of China
- Top 10 Universities in China
- World Heritage Sites in China
- Most Famous Museums in China
- Most Famous Panda Reserves in China
- The Most Famous Nature Reserves in China
- The Highest Cities in China
- Famous Buildings in China
- Famous Landmarks in China
- Top 10 Largest Cities in China
- Top 10 Biggest Provinces in China
- Most Famous Cities in China
- The Highest Lakes in China
- Minority Autonomous Regions in China
- Most Famous Palaces in China
- The Longest Bridges in China
- The Largest Lakes in China