Korla - Bosten Lake
Bosten Lake is a freshwater lake located 57 km northeast of Korla. Covering an area of about 1,000 square kilometers (together with adjacent small lakes), it is the largest lake in Xinjiang and one of the largest inland freshwater lakes in China. Westerners sometimes refer to Bosten Lake as the “Oriental Hawaii of Xinjiang” because of its unique lush scenery surrounded by the harsh Gobi Desert.
With flourishing reed and wild lotus, Bosten Lake is the paradise for the waterfowl. There are lush grasses in summer and reed catkins in fall. The fishing boats shuttle back and forth and the birds are flying above the lake. All are just the same as the south of China. However, the Bosten Lake turns to be the natural skating place in winter.
Recommended Xinjiang Tour: 11 Days Tour of Desert Highway in Xinjiang
More Xinjiang Attractions
Recommended Xinjiang Tours
- 5 Days Urumqi Fly to Kanas Lake Tour
- 5 Days Best Xinjiang Tour
- 7 Days Tour of Kashgar and Hotan
- 7 Days Xinjiang Discovery Tour
- 9 Days Kanas Lake Tour
- 11 Days Tour of Desert Highway in Xinjiang
- 12 Days Tour of the Silk Road in Xinjiang
- 14 Days Best Silk Road Tour
- 19 Days Silk Road Experience
- 26 Days Western China Ethnic Custom Tour