What is the Silk Road?
This road was also called "the Northwest Silk Road" to distinguish it from future another two traffic lines which also called "Silk Road". Because the silk products were the most significant goods in this western road (and most of them were transported by China), so this road was called “Silk Road”.
Silk Road in China
AS a major county of the Silk Road, China boasts many Silk Road culture till now for people to dig up more about this ancient history. Section in China can be traced from the following route: Xian – Lanzhou – Jiayuguan – Dunhuang – Turpan – Urumqi – Kashgar
And each city will tell you different stories and legends which may happen on the Silk Road in that time.
•Xian – A famous ancient capital as the start point of the Silk Road. You can visit Terracotta Warriors, Xian City Wall, and the Shaanxi History Museum to know the first chapter of the Silk Road.
•Lanzhou – A hub for tourists to get to the Hexi Corridor (golden section of the Silk Road)
•Jiayuguan – A well-known site along the Hexi Corridor and the Jiayuguan Pass (the westernmost end of the Ming Great Wall)
•Dunhuang – If you have visited the Mogao Grottoes, you may know the profound Buddhism art in the ancient time.
•Turpan – a place for travelers to explore about the ancient city of Gaochang
•Urumqi – an important city in the center of Eurasia with prosperous economic development situation
•Kashgar – the junction of the south and north routes of the Silk Road
- China Orient Express Rooms
- China Orient Express
- How about the Silk Road Tour accommodations?
- Tips for traveling in Xinjiang
- Tips for visiting temples in Silk Road
- What should be packed in Silk Road Tour?
- When is the best time to Silk Road?
- How about the climate of the Silk Road?
- What are the important destinations in Silk Road?
- Why Silk Road is so famous?
- What is the route of China ancient Silk Road?
- Tips of train travel for Silk Road Trip
Silk Road Tours
Destinations: Beijing-Xian-Lanzhou-Xiahe-Lanzhou-Wuwei-Zhangye-Jiayuguan Pass-Dunhuang-Turpan-Urumqi-Kashgar-Urumqi-Shanghai
Destinations: Lanzhou-Jiayuguan Pass-Dunhuang-Turpan-Urumqi