tailor made tour

Ask a Question


I accept the Privacy Policy.

Questions & Answers

When I lose my passport in China, what should I do?

When you lose your passport in China, the most important thing to do is telling your guide or travel advisor at the first time. You can believe their abilities to deal with this matter. Besides, we also write down some steps about what to do when losing passport abroad for your reference.
  • Firstly, with the help of your guide or travel advisor, you should immediately go to the nearest police station for reporting the loss/theft of general property / passport (useful for insurance purposes or any investigation). Continue to visit the local Exit and Entry Administration Bureau for a lost/stolen report about your visa.
  • Then, you should go to the nearest embassy or consulate of your country. The officers will help you to register the procedure of losing passport. After this step, you will be asked to apply a passport reissued.
  • Finally, when you receive your new passport, you need to go to the he local Exit and Entry Administration Bureau for your new Chinese visa.
Please note that once you have reported your passport lost or stolen to the embassy/consulate it is electronically cancelled and cannot be used for further travel.