As a dish of cold noodles in a sauce that hits every possible flavor category (sweet, tangy, savory, herbal, nutty and dozens of others), Liangpi (cold noodles) is a famous summer snack (also sold in winter) in Xian. It is a noodle-like Chinese dish made from wheat or rice flour.
Originally, this snack only can be found in Shaanxi province. But because of its good taste, it has already been spread around the country, in particular the northern and central regions.
There are three kinds of Liangpi that you can choose to taste. The first one called Hanzhong Liangpi which is a kind of Liangpi that are steamed with garlic and hot chili oil. The second type is Majiang Liangpi which is garnished with julienned cucumber and a sauce made of salt, vinegar, hot chili oil and especially black sesame paste. The last one called Shan Xin Gan Mian Pi which is tasted a bit firmer and seemed dark in color.
More Xian Food & Restaurants
Recommended Xian Tours
- 3 Days Xian Highlight Tour
(Terracotta Warriors, Xian City Wall, Big Wild Goose Pagoda, Shaanxi Historical Museum)
- 4 Days Highlight of Xian Budget Tour
(Terracotta Warriors, Banpo Neolithic Village Museum, Xian City Wall, Shaanxi History Museum, Big Wild Goose Pagoda)
- 4 Days Tour from Xian to Mt. Huashan
(Terracotta Warriors, Xian City Wall, Big Wild Goose Pagoda, Mt Huashan)
- 4 Days West Line of Xian Tour
(Terracotta Warriors, Xian City Wall, Big Wild Goose Pagoda, Qian Mausoleum, Famen Temple)
- 4 Days Best Xian Tour
(Terracotta Warriors, Xian City Wall, Shaanxi History Museum, Big Wild Goose Pagoda, Great Mosque)
- 7 Days Beijing and Xian Tour
- 8 Days Classic China Tour
- 8 Days Best of the Middle Kingdom Tour
- 9 Days Chinese Spring Festival Tour
- 9 Days China Elite Tour to Hangzhou
- 9 Days China Elite Budget Tour
- 9 Days Classical China Muslim Tour