Latest news for Tibet travel: with the wide vaccinations of COVID -19 and control of the cases, Tibet government has decided to re-open Tibet to foreigners who live or work in Mainland China from May 10, 2021 after being closed for more than one year. Foreigners are permitted to travel in Tibet by offering the 28-day Work Certificate Letter in China and the proof of negative result of nucleic acid tests within the last 7 days before entering Tibet. Although the epidemic is under the control in China, tourists should still wear masks while travling outside and pay attention to personal hygiene.
Located in the southwest of the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau, Tibet is the referred real Shangri-La, the forbidden land, the roof of the world and the holy land of your innermost desire. How to plan a Tibet Tour?
Firstly, it is suggested to have a full physical examination and consult with your doctor to check if your health permits you to visit Tibet, as Tibet is located in plateau with an average sea level of 4,000 meters.
Then, independent foreign travelers are not allowed to visit Tibet, so you need to contact a professional local travel agency to help you organize your Tibet tour. Please contact us. We Top China Travel are focusing on China tour for more than 60 years and rich of Tibet tour experience.
Lastly, your travel agency will help you tailor-make your Tibet tour itinerary and also handle with the Tibet Entry Permits. Per the requirements, foreigners who work and live in Mainland China need to provide the following documents to applying Tibet Permit:
1. A screenshot of the health code of where you live now.
2. Clear photo or scanned copy of passport
3. Clear photo or scanned copy of Chinese Visa or Residence Permit
4. Recent covid-19 Test result copy (suggested within 7 days) (need to provide when applying permit)
5. Clear photo or scanned copy of Work certificate
6. A certificate issued by the applicant company or neighborhood committee to prove that he/she hasn’t left mainland China within the last 28 days. This information can be written on the same document as the Work Certificate Letter.
Based on our previous statistics and experiences, more tourists prefer to choose a group tour instead of a private tour. Since Tibet is located in remote area which makes it costs more by choosing a private tour. Please let us know which type of tour you prefer: group or private, so that we can send you the final price. One of the most popular Tibet tour is 4 Days Best Lhasa Tour.
While if you are eager to deeply explore the land of Tibet, you should not miss the 8 Days Tibet Everest Base Camp Tour:
Beijing-Xi'an- Lhasa-Kathmandu-Nagarkot-Delhi -Jaipur-Agra -Delhi