As of 12:00 on March 23, Beijing time, there were 254,452 confirmed cases of new coronavirus pneumonia outside China. The global covid-19 pandemic situation is severe. How should overseas compatriots do daily protection? Can you travel at this stage? What to do if there is a need to return to China? Experts remind everyone to be well protected and safe! Here are some Protection Advice on Covid-19 for Overseas Compatriots.
1. Please do your personal protection
- Wash your hands frequently and do good hand hygiene.
- Strengthen the ventilation and cleanliness of the living room. Open the window two or three times a day.
- Do not get together, reduce close contact with people, reduce dinner parties, and keep a safe distance of one meter per person.
- Reduce travel and avoid going to crowded places.
- Wear a mask, especially when traveling to a crowded workplace and indoor public places.
- Pay attention to cough etiquette, cover with elbows or paper towels when sneezing or coughing.
2. It is recommended to reduce unnecessary travel
- In the current situation, cross-border travel faces many inconveniences, and the closed spaces of public transportation (airplane cabins, ship cabins, and carriages) are densely populated. Long-term use of closed transportation will increase the risk of infection.
- During the journey, you may face the risk of being forced to quarantine at your own expense.
- If it is not absolutely necessary, it is recommended to reduce or suspend travel arrangements to minimize the risk of infection caused by travel.
3. Do not go to covid-19 high-risk countries
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs reminds you not to go to Italy, Spain, France, Germany, the United States, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Austria, Belgium, Iran, South Korea and other covid-19 high-risk countries. Chinese citizens still in the above countries should protect yourselves and avoid arranging country travel.
4. Contact the Chinese Embassy or Consulate if necessary
- Do a body temperature test and take the initiative to understand the local epidemic situation through official channels.
- If you have had close contact with confirmed cases of covid-19 pneumonia or you have suspected symptoms such as fever, you should be consciously isolated at home and contact the hospital for professional consultation and treatment.
- Pay attention to protection during medical treatment.
- In case of emergency, you can contact the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in your country for consular protection and assistance.
5. This phone number must be kept in mind
Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs Global Consular Protection and Service Emergency Hotline (24 hours):
6. Is it recommended to return to China now
- Understand the latest local epidemic situation and latest measures, and abide by local rules and regulations.
- Understand domestic prevention and control measures for returnees abroad, and what procedures need to be completed
- Know your health condition, whether it can support long distance travel, etc.
Whether to return to China now, a comprehensive assessment of the above situation should be made, and a prudent, thorough and calm decision.
7. What to do if you need to go back to China
- If there is a need to return to China, please pay close attention to your own health and be prepared to accept strict quarantine measures in the relevant country.
- If your body temperature exceeds the normal range or you have suspected symptoms before boarding, you may be denied boarding or even forcibly quarantined.
- If traveling, you should try to choose direct flights to reduce the risk of transit. Pay attention to wearing disposable medical masks throughout the journey and maintain hand hygiene.
- If you have fever, cough or other symptoms, or have had close contact with a coronavirus patient, you should take the initiative to cancel your trip, consciously isolate yourself at home and contact a doctor.
8. What to do after returning to China
♦ Domestic entry health management has been comprehensively strengthened. Customs and Border Control have conducted strict inspections on entry personnel. Various localities have introduced strict and specific prevention and control measures, and local policies prevail.
♦ After returning to Beijing, medical observation and isolation should be concentrated for 14 days. If symptoms such as fever and cough occur, you should immediately report to a centralized medical observation point or community worker, wear a medical mask to go to the nearest hot clinic, and actively inform the doctor of your overseas travel history and Contact history for easy diagnosis.
9. Cooperate with staff and do not hide
- Do not conceal the illness and contact history in an attempt to fool through the barriers and forcibly board the plane.
- You should consciously abide by the requirements of epidemic prevention and control in China and other countries, and cooperate with the work of isolation, detection and treatment.
- Once occurs the deception, the concealment behavior causes the harm infectious disease prevention and treatment, will be seriously investigated and even be investigated for legal responsibility.