How to get to Macau from Hong Kong
Between the two terminals, more passengers are willing to take the boat at Hong Kong-Macau Ferry Terminal located in Shun Tak Centre, Sheung Wan. The reason is that Shun Tak Centre is sited above Sheung Wan MTR station; here is the terminus of many public buses and minibuses. Transportation here is very convenient. And there are also public buses leaving for the airport. Turbo Jets depart from Hong Kong in every 15 minutes, but the boats depart in only every 5 minutes during peak hours to increase the passenger flow. The whole journey in the boat takes about 55 minutes.
Previously, passengers can take boats at Haitian Terminal near the Hong Kong International Airport, but now visitors can not take boat from this dock any more.
If you have the endorsement of Hong Kong but do have Macau endorsements, you can still go to Macau as long as you fill a form on the boat. And you can return to Hong Kong as long as the endorsement period does not expire, i.e. within seven days. It is not limited to 24 hours for you to stay in Macao if your Hong Kong endorsement is still effective. But and if you want to return to Hong Kong and your Hong Kong endorsement is out of date, you need to have a Hong Kong endorsement that has not been used. Otherwise, you can only exit to Zhuhai.
Tips for Travel to Macau
The best time to visit Macau is the autumn season started from October to December This period boasts most fine days without rain and typhoon.
There are many famous Macao attractions, such as the rich characteristics of southern Europe architectures; Ruins of St. Paul's - one of the most famous monuments; Farol da Guia - the oldest lighthouse in south coast; Monte Forte - still save nearly a hundred ancient batteries; Three ancient temples- A-Ma Temple, Lianfeng Temple and Kun Iam Tong.
More transplantation information: Hong Kong Transportation
Recommended Hong Kong Tour: 4 Days Best Hong Kong Tour (Attractions: Victoria Peak, Aberdeen, Repulse Bay, Hong Kong Disneyland)
- Flight from Hong Kong to Xiamen
- Where to store Luggage in Hong Kong
- Octopus Card
- How to get to the city center from Hong Kong International Airport (HKIA)
- Star Ferry
- Hong Kong - Guilin Flights
- Free Service of Hong Kong Airport Express
- Hung Hom Station
- Train from Hong Kong to Guangzhou
- Hong Kong International Airport
- Hong Kong Airport Express
- How to get to Macau from Hong Kong Disneyland Park?
- Hong Kong Dinning Tips
- Hong Kong Shopping Tips
- Lan Kwai Fong - The Most Famous Bar Street in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Geography
- Famous Restaurant in Hong Kong
- Famous Food in Hong Kong
- Famous Shopping Street in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Must See
- Hong Kong Transport
- Hong Kong Useful Numbers
- Hong Kong Tourism
- Famous Landmarks in Hong Kong
- Best time to visit Hong Kong
- What to do in Hong Kong
- Best Places to visit in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Climate & Weather
- Hong Kong Facts