What is the accommodation condition in Tibet?
We should make your attention that the equipment and conditions of hotels in Tibet are not as well as that in the rest parts of China. If you would like to book a 5-star (or 4-star or 3-star) hotel in Tibet, you should notice that the standard may not as the same with the one you always anticipate.
In Lhasa, lodging ranges from guest houses to the best five star hotels. In Shigatse, Gyangtse and Tsetang, the highest standard is three star hotels. In Dingri and Zhangmu, the highest are two stars while in other smaller or remote areas, accommodation is mainly guest houses.
Asking your travel advisors to arrange your accommodation in Tibet is a better way for your Tibet travel.
- Internet Service
Separate room does not equip internet service except some luxury rooms for tourists. If you would like to surf the internet, you should go to the business center or the separate internet café in the hotels.
However, in some remote areas, the internet is not accessible due to the limited condition.
- Local Houses
Generally speaking, we would not recommend you to accommodate in the local houses because of the inferior accommodation conditions, the taboos in the Tibetan culture and the safety considerations.
- 1Top 10 Must See Attractions in Tibet
- 2What is Hada?
- 3Famous Landmarks in Tibet
- 4What to wear in Tibet in four seasons?
- 5The Most Famous Temples and Monasteries in Tibet
- 6Best Places to visit in Tibet
- 7Best Places to visit in Lhasa
- 8How to Rent a Car in Tibet
- 9Best Time to Climb Mt. Everest
- 10Sacred Mountain in Tibet
- 11Can I Stay in Tibet Monastery for a month?
- 12Tibet Flights Schedule
- 13Dose it often rain in Tibet?
- 14Holy Lake in Tibet
- 15Tibet Travel Permit
- 16Best Time to Visit Tibet
- 17Necessary Equipments
- 18High Altitude Sickness
- 19Dangers & Annoyances in Tibet
- 20Tibetan Taboos
Correlative Tips & FAQs