According to the climate, weather and geography in Tibet, some necessary equipment should be packed in order to get a pleasure tour in Tibet.
- Cold-proof clothes
The big different temperatures in day and night make cold-proof clothes necessary even visit Tibet in the hottest months (July and August)
As a land of snow, Tibetan may experience the winter all year round. The highest temperature is 4-5 degrees centigrade in northern Tibet. It also snows in July and August. In Lhasa, the temperature in July arrives at 30 degrees centigrade at daytime, but falls to 10 degrees centigrade at night.
Some down garments should be packed during your Tibet travel. Warm clothes such as woolen sweaters, warm gloves, warm and wind-proof shoes and socks will keep you warm. Wearing several layers of clothing that can be easily added or removed is the wise choice since temperatures may vary greatly within a single day. Women should avoid skirts or dresses.
If you want to explore the remote areas of Tibet such as the Mt. Everest, you can carry a down coat with your. Sturdy sneakers, walking shoes, or hiking boots are also recommended.
It is wise to carry an umbrella or some rain-proof tools. The rain season in Tibet is from May to October which is the peak tourism season as well, while the ultraviolet radiation (UV) in this period is also stronger in a sunny day.
- Protection against sunburn light
As the sunshine is really strong, you’d better take the sunglasses, sunhat and suntan lotion etc. Ladies should take the high SPF sun-cream. If necessary, try to wear long-sleeve clothes when you walk under the sun.
- Travel canteen and sleep bags
More water will be drunk when you stay in this high altitude area. Travel canteens is equipped for comfort yourself by strengthening the body cycling system.
If you plan to enter into Tibet by road or the areas beyond Lhasa, sleep bags are essential for you.
Simple photographic equipment is recommended. A camera will help you to memory the charming scenery and mysterious culture deeply.
If you like to take the plateau scenery, best time to take photos may be the periods before 9 a.m. and after 5 p.m.
- Daily articles
Because of the geographical factors, hotels in some areas of Tibet are not good enough for tourists. Some daily articles such as a cup, a small towel, a toothbrush, toothpaste, and slippers should be carried with you. It is not very convenient to wash clothes, so disposable underpants will help you a lot.
An electric torch is also necessary as some hotels don't even have power at night and sometimes you may have to travel early in the morning.
Medicine is a must for travelers to Tibet. In order to release the symptom cause by the geographical factors,you can take
1. Herb medicines including chrysanthemum tea, seal heal mulberry leaves and ginseng powders
2. Pills including vitamin C pills, some pain-killers
3. Nasal ointment and throat-moistening pills will be of great help for those who are sensitive to chilly or freezing weather conditions.
The most important thing to do before your Tibet tour is consulting your doctor.
- 1Top 10 Must See Attractions in Tibet
- 2What is Hada?
- 3Famous Landmarks in Tibet
- 4What to wear in Tibet in four seasons?
- 5The Most Famous Temples and Monasteries in Tibet
- 6Best Places to visit in Tibet
- 7Best Places to visit in Lhasa
- 8Best Time to Climb Mt. Everest
- 9Sacred Mountain in Tibet
- 10Can I Stay in Tibet Monastery for a month?
- 11Tibet Flights Schedule
- 12Holy Lake in Tibet
- 13How to Rent a Car in Tibet
- 14Dose it often rain in Tibet?
- 15Tibet Travel Permit
- 16Best Time to Visit Tibet
- 17High Altitude Sickness
- 18Dangers & Annoyances in Tibet
- 19Tibetan Taboos
- 20Money & Currency in Tibet
Correlative Tips & FAQs