Best Time to Visit Tibet
In fact, the best time to visit Tibet depends on many factors and it varies with different regions. Lhasa, Shigatse and Tsedang (Shannan) are equipped with convenient facilities for tourists, and most places of interest in these cities are historical or cultural attractions. People can visit them in any season at will. Winter is okay as well. In winter, when there is only a small tourist volume, it is easy to get discounts in hotels, ticket offices, and airports. You will be more enjoyable with few visitors.
Visit southeastern Tibet (Nyingchi Region) in any season at will
Visit northern Tibet in May to July and September to October
In northern Tibet such as Nagqu, the wind is too strong in spring; roads are too likely to be blocked by landslides in summer and are too treacherous in winter owing to the heavy snowfall. So May to July and September to October are best seasons to visit the northern Tibet. It is also the reason why we should avoid summer and winter to travel in the border area in the south.
- 1Top 10 Must See Attractions in Tibet
- 2Can I Stay in Tibet Monastery for a month?
- 3Famous Landmarks in Tibet
- 4The Most Famous Temples and Monasteries in Tibet
- 5Best Places to visit in Tibet
- 6Best Places to visit in Lhasa
- 7Holy Lake in Tibet
- 8Best Time to Climb Mt. Everest
- 9Sacred Mountain in Tibet
- 10Tibet Travel Permit
- 11Necessary Equipments
- 12High Altitude Sickness
- 13Dangers & Annoyances in Tibet
- 14Tibetan Taboos
- 15Money & Currency in Tibet
- 16How is the Tibetan food?
- 17What is the accommodation condition in Tibet?
- 18Tips on entering Tibet by train?
Correlative Tips & FAQs